Well it isn't really a fail. I just haven't managed to finish it for the final link up.  It is however a hugely significant piece to me. Thanks to Jen Kingwell's beautiful pattern - I have discovered hand sewing! And I LOVE IT!
I had attempted hand sewing before but gave up as it was slow and didn't look as good as my machine work. As I had joined up with a quilt-a-long and I had the encouragement of the wonderful community on Instagram I  pushed on. The result was once I got over the awkwardness I first felt, I began to see the benefit of having something small and portable. It is more social. I can sew while my kids play in the paddling pool. I can sew while my hubby watches his shows in the evening.  I can sew while popping over to my sister's for a cuppa and now that school is back I have something to do while I sit in the car queue outside the school.
I love hand sewing so much that I have started another hand sewing project. This is also by Jen Kingwell and is call 'Green Tea and Sweet Beans'. I am debating whether or not to do it entirely by hand as opposed to MATO where I only did the applique by hand. It is a huge revelation for me - I am a born again quilter! Ha ha.
Take care and try and do a little of what you love each day.

Jo

PS where did January go?

Comments

04/02/2014 1:39am

It appears that you and I are at the very same stage in our MATO progress. I really love what you've done and the fabrics you've chosen. It's going to be stunning when it's finished!

07/02/2014 8:39pm

Thank you.

I have loved this quilt and after all the link ups feel motivated to try and finish it soon.

I loved yours. Your background fabric is such a great choice. Look fwd to seeing yours finished too.

Jess
04/02/2014 12:07pm

It is most definitely not a fail Jo! I love handstitching too now - and I'm really tempted to make GTSB at some stage. Yours is off to a beautiful start!

07/02/2014 8:41pm

Thanks Jess

It has been a lovely journey and opened a whole new craft avenue for me. I am thinking about a whole lot of hand stitching crafts now - cross stitch, embroidery etc.

Thanks for the journey

05/02/2014 3:54am

Love the orange and blue! I sewed my quilts all by hand untill recently and there's nothing better than sit in a corner of the couch, pile of cut fabricpieces at hand and just sew them together:)
Took a look around on your blog and oh my, what a terrific quilter you are!

07/02/2014 8:48pm

Awww thanks,

Thank you for having a look around and your kind comments. I am so glad I now enjoy hand work as it is so relaxing and social. I love you MATO and your pin cushions.

So grateful for how much joy hobbies bring and how nice the crafting community is.

05/02/2014 1:11pm

Jo your MATO is a mix of delicious colours and I have to say I love the colours you have chosen for Green Tea and Sweet Beans - love the title!

07/02/2014 8:53pm

Thanks Maureen

I loved your MATO and your fractured quilt. (congrats on winning too) I have had the GTSB fabric for ages and have been waiting for just the right project. It will probably take me most of the year.

21/07/2014 10:53pm

Love your sweet tea green bean quilt. I'm a Jen Kingwell fan too!! Started to follow you on instagram. Anne, Oslo, Norway :-)

22/07/2014 5:20pm

Thanks so much. I am going away soon and will be taking this project with me. Hope to have some progress to share soon.

What is you IG name so I can follow you back?

I must say that like all these works of art! I think you have to make more such things

14/06/2015 11:51pm

You said you'd hiscovered hand sewing and need to underline I had discovered this simply amazing blog! I also have a female friend of mine who can be viewed as a successful example of business that has developed on the basis of passion to activity. She has just wonderful hands and can make just awesome stuff out of old pieces of cloths, even torn. When she started her start up he was in need of additional funding and that was her luck that the owned a property in Philadelphia so http://www.philaloan.com/ company in fact helped her to gain the aim. Maybe any of you guys will find my advice useful:) I would be happy!

01/08/2015 10:51am

CV should have information about your complete academic history. Highlight your merits so that you can get job in the field of your interest. Make sure that all the information given by you is hundred percent authentic.